Epson printers are among the most well-known in the world. Their models are well-known for their high performance and consistent print quality. Despite this, every printer or driver has its own set of faults. Technical and mechanical faults emerge from time to time for causes beyond our control. The Epson printer error code 0x97 is perhaps the most common issue that users encounter with Epson printers.
Have you ever received an error like this while using an Epson WF-3640 or another Epson model? This particular problem is particularly inconvenient, and many Epson printer owners have reported it. Fortunately, there is a simple solution to this difficulty, which we will describe later.
What's an Epson printer error code 0x97?
Those who use their printers for a lengthy period of time sometimes encounter the Epson WF-3640 error code 0x97. This type of problem occurs without notice or notification, and there is no way to avoid it. It jeopardises the basic functionality of your printer by disturbing a signal that allows it to switch on and off. You won't be able to use your printer until the issue is resolved permanently.
The Epson trouble number 0x97 appears on the LED screen of your printer. While printing, an error occurs, causing the printer to shut down unexpectedly. It usually affects Epson WorkForce Series models WF-3640 (Epson 252 Ink), WF-4630 (Epson 786 Ink), or WF-7610.
What causes an Epson Error Code 0x97?
When you discover an internal hardware issue with your printer, the Epson error code 0x97 serves as a warning. It could be due to a motherboard failure or another type of internal component failure. When this problem occurs on the screen, it means that some of your printer's internal components aren't working properly.
Don't be alarmed if you get an Epson error code 0x97 on your WF-3640 or another WorkForce printer. Before you take your printer to a repair shop, try the basic troubleshooting procedures listed below..
Simple Steps to Fix Error Code 0X97
Epson Printer Error 0X97 is a problem with the internal hardware of Epson printers. The printer's LCD screen displays the fault 0X97. The Epson Printer Error 0X97 occurs unexpectedly during the printing process, stopping the print job or turning off the printer. One of the possible causes of Epson Printer Error Code 0X97 in your printer is a motherboard failure. Because Epson Error 0X97 is caused by a hardware problem, you may quickly resolve it by following the troubleshooting procedures outlined below.
Solution 1: Unplug and Plugin the Printer
• First, look inside your printer's housing to determine if any paper materials are jammed. If any paper straps are present, carefully remove them.
• Carefully remove all of your printer's cartridges and unhook all of the printer's USB cords, then switch off the printer by pushing the power button.
• After a few seconds, reconnect all of the USB wires that were disconnected from the printer.
• Now turn on the printer to see if the error 0X97 has been resolved.
• If the fault still persists, move on to solution 2..
Solution 2: Unplug and Plugin your Printer in Inverse manner
This is the polar opposite of solution 1. You can determine whether the fault was caused by internal hardware failure or not using this method..
• To begin, turn off your printer by pushing the power button and disconnect all USB wires.
• Wait 5 minutes before pressing and holding the printer's power button for more than 1 minute.
• Now, while holding down the power button, connect all of your USB cables.
• After plugging in all the cords, press the power button for another minute.
• Reconnect the power cable and turn off the power switch.
• Determine whether or not the error is visible. If the Epson Error 0X97 persists, try solution number three..
Solution 3: Clean the clogged Epson printer nozzles with Wet Tissues
• Disconnect all of your printer's power wires.
• Now open the printer's case and soak a soft cloth in an ammonia-based cleaning solution.
• Place the cloth beneath the print head and move it to the centre.
• Allow 12 hours for the material to dry.
• Now remove the cloth from the printer and close it.
• Now turn on the printer to see if the problem has been resolved..
Solution 4: Update Epson Printer Driver
If you suspect malware is to blame for the 0x97 error, you should update your drivers first. You should also be aware that the Epson printer error code 0x97 could be caused by a malfunctioning or outdated printer driver. The best suggestion we can provide you is to install the most recent version of the printer driver for your device. We've outlined how to update the Epson printer driver for Windows and OS X in the sections below. If you utilise either of these, you might want to continue reading..
Epson error code 0x97 can affect your device at any time. You may easily rescue your Epson printer from the depths of difficulty if you know the 10 remedies listed below. In addition, you should read the sections at the beginning of this blog carefully to learn more about the 0x97 problem, its impact on your device, and the circumstances that can lead to it on your Epson printer.